Vaughan Road ‘Aparthotel’ Planning Application Rejected
We are writing following yesterday’s Planning Committee meeting regarding the application for a 12-storey “Aparthotel” on the site of the former Vaughan Road car park (by the junction with Bessborough Road). We are glad to inform you the application was resoundingly rejected.
As your local Councilors, we want to let you know that we all spoke against the proposed site and made our position very clear. During the meeting, we outlined our own concerns as well as the concerns of many residents that have been in contact with us. The current proposal does not have the support of residents and we have raised specifically why it is inappropriate, intrusive and unwanted.
We set out concerns that the proposed development would:
- Be too tall, as it would stand at 12-storeys in a low-lying residential area.
- Place a hotel in an area outside of the Town Centre, where there is likely to be limited demand while having a negative impact on residents.
- Create traffic issues that could be very disruptive to residents.
- Cause Parking issues for residents who need to be kept a priority.
- Fundamentally fail to solve the housing issues that we face
As your West Harrow Councillors, we will continue to ensure that the planning committee hears the views of all residents with planning applications that will affect your lives. Please contact us to let us know your thoughts. As always, we want to hear from you so we can represent your views.