Job Title: Mobilisation Assistant
Responsible to: Harrow Borough Organiser
Location: Harrow Labour Offices (Predominantly Harrow East)
Key purpose: To mobilise and support the Labour Party’s members and
supporters in campaigning on behalf of the Labour Party.
Pay: London Living Wage
- Capacity building
- To assist in recruiting, mobilising and organising volunteers for campaigning activities in local Labour Parties.
- To communicate with members, volunteers and stakeholders in person, by phone or by email about campaign activities and events.
- To utilise the party’s campaign technology platforms to mobilise and schedule volunteers for campaigning activities and events.
- To enable and empower members and supporters to organise and campaign in their local community as part of the election campaigning.
- To work with regional and local organising staff to identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to them on campaign techniques.
- To ensure a focus on growing the Labour Party and Labour movement in the local community.
- Assistance with campaign activities and events
- To assist in organising and leading campaign activities such as doorstep canvassing, phone banks and data entry.
- To assist in building relationships between local Labour Parties, stakeholders and organisations.
- To assist in the administration of an efficient campaign office.
- To assist in the organisation of campaign events and visits.
- To assist in the coordination and distribution of election literature.
Training and development
- To attend and participate in training sessions, covering techniques for capacity building, campaign techniques and use of the Labour Party’s campaign technology platforms.
- To work closely with regional and local organising staff to maximise learning and personal development from field-based training and activity.
- To carry our any other reasonable duty as required by the Borough Organiser other regional organising staff.
- To work closely with the relevant local organiser to assist with their duties.
- To be prepared to contribute to wider organisational activity as and when required.
- General knowledge of the Labour Party, its policies, principles and organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of campaign techniques.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work to deadlines.
- Flexible an approach to resolution of issues.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to provide leadership where necessary.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good computer literacy, including use of email communication systems and
- data input.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- A driver’s licence is desirable